Are you ready to take on Kazzara? In this guide, we'll go over the main mechanics of this single-target fight and give you tips for success.
Start by pulling the boss toward an edge of the room and facing her toward the middle of the room. While Kazzara doesn't have a cleave or tail swipe, this positioning helps with her two main mechanics, the rifts and the lasers.
When a few players get circles around them, they need to move toward the edge of the room and spread out from each other. After a few seconds, the circles explode on anyone in them and drop a rift on the ground at their feet. Shortly after that, the boss spawns vertical lasers that chase random players. Each of these players needs to run to the other side of a rift to get the laser to go into the rift and get consumed. If you don’t take your laser to a rift, it chases you for a long time; and on heroic, it actually chases you forever, even speeding up and pulsing raid damage if it’s still chasing by the time the next lasers spawn. Wherever the lasers go, they leave little pools on the ground for a couple of seconds, which aren't a big deal. But when a rift consumes a laser, it leaves a bigger permanent pool on the ground. Therefore, every time circles go out on players, they need to drop them with a little bit of space from old pools and from each other so that everyone has a safe spot to take the next lasers. The tanks also need to help by moving the boss a little bit away from the pools whenever things get crowded.
Other than that, there are a few generic mechanics going on. The tanks need to taunt swap every time the boss casts Terror Claws, which is a big hit that leaves a damage over time effect and a vulnerability debuff for a while. There's a pushback cast that does raid-wide damage and leaves a damage over time effect on everyone. At full energy, there’s a big random facing frontal to dodge. And finally, at 80, 60, and 40% boss health, there’s a raid-wide damage cast that spawns a bunch of swirlies to dodge. For each of these percentage casts, the boss loses some of her armor, causing her to pulse more and more damage on the raid, as well as increase the number of rifts and lasers that spawn each time. This means in the last 40% of the fight, you’re gonna have a lot of raid damage going on and a whole lot of pools and lasers to deal with. So things could get a little spicy.
- Start by pulling the boss toward an edge of the room and facing her toward the middle of the room.
- Players with circles around them need to move toward the edge of the room and spread out from each other.
- Run the laser into a rift to get it consumed.
- Drop circles with some space from old pools and from each other.
- Tanks need to taunt swap every time the boss casts Terror Claws.
- Dodge pushback cast, big random facing frontal, and swirlies.
- The boss loses some of her armor at 80, 60, and 40% boss health, causing her to pulse more damage on the raid and increase the number of rifts and lasers that spawn each time.
And that’s pretty much it! With these tips, you'll be ready to take on Kazzara. Good luck!