What’s up, it’s Jimfro from Ready, Check, Pull and this is our official boss guide for The Tarragrue on Normal and Heroic.
Yeah, the Tarragrue from Torghast! It’s the first boss of the raid, and you get to have actual anima powers from Torghast while fighting this thing!
So, before pulling the boss, you can kill four big trashcan looking mobs that each drop a choice of random anima powers, unfortunately they’re not the fun class specific powers, just generic ones, but some of them are actually crazy strong.
There’s way too many to list in the video, so we’ll put a link in the description with all of the abilities if you want to check them out. However, we do have some big recommendations:
- Definitely don’t take the one that makes you big and knocks people around, You will for sure kill your allies with this one, or at least make them mad.
- Definitely don’t take the one that stuns everyone around you when you die, It will also make people mad at you.
- Definitely have at least one person in the raid take the one that makes you immune to stun and fear effects. This will entirely negate the deadliest mechanic in the fight if you use it right.
All the other powers are just varying shades of good, so have fun with them!
Now for the actual strategy of the fight: First of all, this is definitely a bloodlust on pull boss, despite it having a sort of “enrage” we’ll talk about later.
The deadliest mechanic, as we mentioned, is Chains of Eternity, which marks a random player and throws a chain at them after a few seconds, this chain can be intercepted by standing between the boss and the marked player, but whoever it hits will be stunned and get one-shot by the boss.
The only way to avoid this one-shot is by immuning the stun, which you can do with regular immunities OR with that anima power we mentioned earlier, If someone has this power, they can just soak every chain cast by standing between the boss and the marked player. Otherwise you’ll have to rotate immunities and that can get messy.
All of the other mechanics are more straightforward to deal with:
- The tanks have to taunt swap after every cast of Overpower, which stuns and increases physical damage taken for a little bit.
- There’s a dispellable debuff that goes out on a bunch of random players which fears anyone standing close to those players, so everyone should stay a little spread out to avoid fearing each other. Dispel any players that do get feared, as well as any players that need to move for other mechanics in the fight.
- The boss will cast an enrage that should be immediately removed by Druids, Hunters, and rogues. There’s also an anima power that slowly removes the stacks of enrage but it's pretty… damn… slow.
When the boss disappears and the room gets dark, quickly move to each safe spot until he’s active again. And on heroic, quickly soak these circles that spawn around the room. There’s three different kinds that each give you a different debuff, and they need to be soaked quickly because otherwise each debuff is applied to the entire raid.
Everyone except the tanks should look to soak the gray ones, because they increase your physical damage taken.
Pretty much only the tanks should soak the purple ones, because they increase your magic damage taken.
Anyone can soak the red ones, because they give you a dot.
Oh and one last thing, when the boss gets to 10% health, it removes everyones’ anima powers and goes berserk - just running around one-shotting people. It’s pretty wild to see, but if you get to that part of the fight with plenty of people alive, you’ll be fine...probably.
Alright, so quick recap!
- Don’t take the anima powers that screw over your allies, and make sure at least one person takes the stun immunity one.
- Intercept the chain cast with the stun immunity anima power or rotate class immunities.
- Stay spread out to prevent fears.
- Tanks taunt swap after every Overpower.
- Remove the enrage ASAP.
- Run to the safe spots when the room gets dark. And on heroic, soak the debuff circles.
And that’s pretty much it!
You can find our written version of this guide on Icy Veins, linked below, thanks again to all of our supporters on Patreon for making these guides possible!
Like, subscribe, and join our discord to keep up with everything Ready Check Pull! Peace.