Kristin Neff, Ph.D.: “When you treat yourself with kindness, warmth, and support, you don't get so overwhelmed by pain.”
Neff, a pioneering self-compassion researcher, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to actually treat yourself with kindness, plus:
- How to honor your anger
- How to assess your self-compassion
- Common misconceptions about self-care
- How practicing self-compassion can alleviate anxiety
- How to use social media without spiraling towards self-criticism
Referenced in the episode:
- Neff's newest book, Fierce Self-Compassion.
- Neff's 2003 research defining and measuring self-compassion.
- Neff's TED Talk on The Space Between Self-Esteem and Self-Compassion.
- Neff's research on gender differences in self-compassion.
- Neff's self-compassion scale.
- Neff's Mindful Self-Compassion program.
- Virtual reality study for teaching self-compassion.
- Neff's study on self-compassion vs. the Rosenberg self-esteem measure and narcissism.
Enjoy this episode sponsored by smartwater! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.